Translate

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Certain Uncertainty.

Faith. I have always been one of those annoying people that when asked what religion I am, I've said 'I don't believe in God but I don't not believe in God' Which in all reality, really doesn't make any sense at all! Well that's just kind of how I feel.

 I have never wanted to completely dismiss the idea of there being a God as at times I have prayed or wanted someone distant and not completely pin point-able to lie my thoughts within, but I have never completely committed to a 'religion' either.
Sometimes it frustrates me as I feel like I should be able to say whether I believe in God or not and stop being so damn indecisive  but the truth of it all is, is I don't feel that to be religious or to have a faith in something that you need to commit to a word. To me Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Jewish and the various other religions out there, they all seem to revolve around just having hope and faith in someone or a variety of different beliefs or Gods. Hope. Hope seems to be one of the key features of many religions. I have hope. Does that mean I have a religion? I feel like I do. That although I cannot put a name or a set of rules to follow to my beliefs, I have hope. We all have hope, whether that be 'I hope that the shops don't close' or 'I hope I do well in this exam' or 'I hope you get better' The truth is we all have hope, if we didn't what would be working towards?

 So although this post may seem a little frantic,all over the place and completely random but I have realized something today (mainly whilst trying to push myself to sleep last night) that I don't necessarily need to put a label on my beliefs because as long as I have my hope, my dreams, my morals and my beliefs, if I don't come to a decisions just yet or if ever, my hope is all I need.

Where hope would otherwise become hopelessness, it becomes faith.  ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment