Translate

Friday, 1 June 2012

Fanciful Friday.

Rachel Allen's Lemon Tart
So I thought I would occasionally do the Wordless Wednesday, Fanciful Friday ect blog posts, but only when I have something interesting to post as lets be honest, some days can be pretty uninspiring. So today I am doing Fanciful Friday :) Relating to anything that has inspired me, sparked of a fantasy (fanciful) or anything really that I want, like or have gone/done that week.
 Tomorrow it is my grandparents 70th birthday get together with all the family and friends, and my mum asked me to make some deserts for the food spread. I didn't really have anything specifically in mind that I wanted to make and nothing that I was finding on the internet was sparking off my culinary creativeness much. I didn't want to do just a sponge cake because to be honest they are really boring and uninspiring and I really wanted to be able to present something light but full of flavor. After trawling through various food websites for the best part of 2 hours I finally found a great recipe for a lemon tart! It seemed simple enough to not require tonnes of ingredients and it didn't require you to make a complicate long winded lemon curd for the filling!
I thought I would list the recipe and how to make it on here so anyone who fancied having a go or happened to stumble upon it the way I did in the first place, that it would be helpful.
Besides, everyone loves lemon tart!

Rachel Allen's Lemon Tart:
(Source: Rachel Allen on the GoodFoodChannel. www.uktv.co.uk/food)

Ingredients:
For the sweet shortcrust pastry.
200g plain flour
100g Butter, chilled and cubed
1 egg beaten

For the filling.
3 eggs
1 lemon grated
Juice of 3 lemons
Juice of 1 orange
125g caster sugar
150ml double cream
icing sugar, for dusting

Method:
1.Preheat oven to 180C/Gas mark 4
2.For the pastry put the flour,butter and a pinch of salt in food processor and process briefly.
3.Add half beaten egg and continue to process, add more if too dry so mixture comes together. If making by hand rub butter into flour until breadcrumbs then using hands add enough egg to bring mixture together.
4. Flatten ball of pastry with hands until about 2 cm thick and wrap in clingfilm or plastic bag and put in fridge for 30 mins or if in a hurry 10-15 mins in the freezer.
5.line 23m tart tin with pastry and cover base with baking parchment/grease-proof paper. Fill tin with baking beans and bake blind for 10-15 mins removing beans and parchment for last 5 mins to make case golden brown.
6.For the filling: place eggs,lemon zest and sugar in bowl and whisk or beat until all egg is broken down.
7.Add cream, orange juice and lemon juice and mix well. Pour filling into pastry case.
8.Reduce oven temp to 160C/Gas mark 3 and bake tart for 30-35 mins or until filling has just set in the center.
9. should only wobble slightly when out the oven. Allow to cool for 15 mins before taking the tart out of the tin. Add icing sugar onto for decoration when cooled.

And Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment