Translate

Monday, 18 June 2012

Reminding Myself.

Sometimes I feel like I get wrapped up in the congestion filled world of everyday life. Of money, work, fears, looking towards what could be better in my life, what I want to change, what I wish I had, what I wish I didn't. Sometimes we forget the real beauty in life. Life is really beautiful.
I think it takes a few moments to just stop, to forget that you need to complete that piece of coursework or review. To stop thinking about the what ifs and buts, to actually look around and see how beautiful it all can be.
At the moment I feel swamped with the what ifs of grades to get into uni. The what if my personal statement isn't good enough, what if they don't like me. The truth is that life is full of what ifs, yet this should not impede or stop us to be able to see the real beauty that life hold.
I know this may sound cliche or cheesy but sometimes it takes a minute alone to look around, to think, that maybe not all this stress is necessary and that the what ifs are just part of the ride.
I feel like many people ignore the world around them, the life that is around us, how beautiful and rich it can be.
On my trip to Canada last year I experienced the most uplifting and magical experience of my life.
It was life itself.
Our endless car journeys from place to place across British Colombia were filled with a constant awe at how beautiful the surroundings were. I plugged in my music, I shut the world in, not out. For those 2 weeks I didn't worry about the future, the stresses of education or not living up to the expectations of others. It seemed to transport it away.
I know that some of you may read this and think what the hell is she on about. But for me that experience was amazing and I will never forget it (one of the reasons I want to move to Canada)


 I know that wherever I go, what ever I end up doing, as long as I am happy and remember the beauty that life holds, then that is all that I will ever need.
It's easy to let days fly by without taking notice of the world around you. Drink in the richness of the world that exists beyond the obvious. Marvel each and everyday at the magnificence of life.

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” 
― Albert Einstein



Megan x 



No comments:

Post a Comment