Translate

Saturday, 9 June 2012

Time Flies.

Time and how fast it flies by us always amazes and interests me, but this year more than any other, has completely stunned me on how fast it has gone past me. It feels like this year of college has gone running off ahead of me without even stopping to let me know where its going off to! It amazes me how in a just over a year I will be off to University and completely finished with education where I don't have to pay. Instead I am going to be paying up to £9,000 alone for just the University course per year! Not to mention adding on the cost of accommodation, food, clothes, heating bills, the list goes on...I am going to have so much fun paying off those debts when I'm done!
However, besides the imminent, living off beans on toast for the best part of 4 years. I am 18 in just under 4 months. I am going to officially be an adult, how crazy is that?! This year has literally flown by and year by year as I grow older, the years seem to speed up. Each one passing quicker than the last, when is it going to slow down? Does it ever?
I'm not going to lie I do sometimes wish my life away thinking, gosh I cant wait to start uni and move out or thinking how cool it will be when I'm starting a family of my own. I know its naive of me to want it all so bad right now, and that I will look back some day longing for these years back. But in all honesty I think everybody wants something different than what they have right at that moment, be that more money, a better house, wanting to be that little bit skinnier. In the end, all that matters is living for this moment, this day, this year and this life time, because god knows we only get to do it once!
So as fast as this year has gone and how excited I am for the future, I am thankful for where I am now. The people I have in my life and the opportunities I have been given.

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment