Translate

Monday, 6 August 2012

Musical Monday

So I thought I would mix things up a bit and have a go at a short blog of some of my top 4 songs that I have been crazy about this past week.
They are all pretty different in style I guess, but I just thought I would share some of my favs at the moment.

I hope you enjoy and hopefully like some of them that I list (although I know everyone has their own taste in music blahblahblah and might think my selection is cr*p, but this is just my preferences!)  

1. Lana Del Rey-Born to die



Firstly I absolutely adore Lana Del Rey and her music. It is so enchanting and different yet at the same time not too out there that it is just weird! I have loved Born to die for quite a few months now as I downloaded it just before a family weekend away in Derby and I listened to it NONSTOP! It just reminds me of such a beautiful weekend so whenever I listen to it I get those feelings back. Not to mention it is such a great song!


2. Brian Crain-Dream of Flying



Okay so this one is a little bit random compared to most of the others. Firstly, yes it has no lyrics, it is just piano. BUT I have such a huge love for piano music, alone by itself. It is so beautiful and I always find myself downloading so much random Piano songs just because I love them all. I find this type of music so relaxing for car journeys, walking somewhere and when I need to chill after a rather hard day at work or college. 
I know not everyone will get this pick but I just can't get enough of this type of music. Because for some moments in life there are no words.


3. Corinne Bailey Rae- Choux Pastry Heart



Corrine Bailey Rae is such an outstanding Artist! Wow, her voice is so unique, soft yet eminently powerful! I think she is one of the greatest underrated artists that there is around and I wish she would get more credit for her music! Choux Pastry Heart immediately calms me down when I listen to it and it makes me want to go on a really long bike ride in the country somewhere with this blasting in my ears!


4. Lisa Mitchell- Coin Laundry



I love love loveee Lisa Mitchell as a music artists anyway, and again she is another wrongly underrated artists. Coin Laundry is such a quirky, upbeat song which is one of the reasons why I like her as an artists so much as well as this song. She is again a very unique music artist and her voice is very recognizable as I don't think I have heard anyone else with a voice like hers before (let me know if anyone has as I'm sure I would love their music as well!) I guarantee after a few listens to this song you wont be able to stop singing along to it, its so catchy!!!


So that was my top 4 fav songs at the moment, although I could have listed TONNES more! I hope you enjoyed it (that is if anyone actually reads this blog apart from me!)
Also if anyone happens to stumble along this post and has any of their own suggestions of good songs/artists then please comment to let me know as I am ALWAYS on the look out for new artists or songs that take my fancy!

Have a great day!




Megan x 





No comments:

Post a Comment