Translate

Monday, 12 November 2012

Babbling...

Heyy!
This is just kind of a random babble post really. I am in one of those moods where I just need to get some things off my chest and chat to a screen, sad but it kind of helps.

So recently I sent off my application for University and to my surprise have already got 2 offers out of the 5 I have applied for! I was beyond amazed and grateful at the fact that somewhere actually wants me, you know? It's kind of overwhelming to think that everything is pinned on that one application as to whether they give you a place or not.
Well that got me thinking...(dangerous I know!)
What do people do that don't have any direction or goal in life? Not everyone needs to go to university or college to be successful but I have always wondered why those people who never do anything never want more for themselves?
That might sound kind of confusing but I can't imagine not having a passion or goal for something in my life.
Some people have a goal of being famous, some a goal of a certain profession and some even the goal of being the  mother or father they have always wanted to be.
I always think it is sad when there are people wasting their life away doing nothing that makes them happy, just being moderately ok with their life or if they aren't happy with their life, doing nothing about it. Those people could have the potential to be the doctor that saves your family members life, or the person to get a step closer in finding the cure to cancer, maybe to even just be wonderful at the job they have, whatever it may be. Yet they aren't using the tools that are available in life to get there. Life only happens once and I intend to make the most of the one I have been given.
I saw something recently that made me think about this and it was that a life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable  but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. I think this is one of the most truthful expressions I have ever heard. If I don't ultimately get the exact dream for my life I envisioned  at least I tried, at least I lived and didn't spend my time sitting around asking why I don't have what he or she has. I will have been given only what I deserve and have worked for, it is up to me not anyone else to make it happen.
I don't know why I felt the need to write about all of this but it reminds me of why I am doing what I am doing, and that all this hard work now I will appreciate later in my life.

"If you want to be successful  it's just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing." Will Rodgers.

With a swift and more uplifting change of subject, anyone who is reading this should check out one of my best friends Katie's new blog that she has just set up! She is new to the blogging world and I can assure you that her posts are going to be well worth reading.
I know not that many people may read my blog but if you happen to be, stop by hers and give her some  blogging love!!
You can find her here at Katie Bee's life and make up blog


Again something kinda random but I love this song and the fact that it is on an Ikea advert makes me happy.
It's an all over the place kind of blog today so I do apologise!


Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment