Translate

Friday, 18 January 2013

Favourite Things!

I was going to do a favourite things post quite a while ago and made this post with all intention of posting it but I completely forgot and it has been sitting in my drafts for ages! Although I am going to do a post on my favourites for 2012 I don't think there is much harm in me posting this as well!
I still love these products and the only thing that has changed as my 'favourites' is the shampoo as I recently discovered the miracle that is Lush shampoo!! (ohh my gosh amazing, post to come soon) Anyway on to the favourites...





I am pretty sure most of you will have heard/used Aussi in some form and if you haven't I cannot stress how amazing this brand is. I have been using their 3 minute miracle hair treatment for a while now and it is the perfect once a week treatment to keep your hair luscious and smooth. I have extremely thin hair which can get quite damaged with any heat. Although I don't tend to use heat on my hair very often I always find that when I have used the deep treatment my hair just feels so healthy and smells amazing! I only recently started using the shampoo and conditioner and I have not been disappointed with them. Like all Aussi products they have a really nice scent and the results are wonderful. My hair feels and looks so healthy when I use these products and I have found that my hair has had much more volume since using these so it really must work! They are extremely affordable and seem to always have some sort of offer on such as 3 for £10 and with the size of the bottles they last for a veeeryy long time so they are extremely good value for money.


Apologies for the awfully blurred picture but I was working with bad lighting as it was quite late at night :(
So this is Garnier's anti black head wash. It is essentially a face wash with purifying ingredients to clean the face and has tiny little beads which are designed to unclog pores. I tend to suffer from random outbreaks and this product has really helped to prevent outbreaks, as well as just making my face feel nice and fresh. I tend to use this in the shower and so far it has been really effective. The scent is pleasant and it doesn't leave a nasty residue on the face like some blackhead washes can so it is an all round terrific product.


I am yet to meet someone who doesn't like soap and glory so it is no surprise that it would pop up in my favourite things. Although all of the products in the Soap and Glory line is my favourite thing I thought I would limit it to one so I didn't sound like a complete Soap and Glory obsessor! This is another product I use in the shower and is their Sugar Crush Body Scrub. As you may be able to see from the picture it is made with smashed brown sugar, sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains. You might not be surprised to find out that this stuff smell ahhhh-mazing (as all soap and glory products do) it has a great consistency as you can see from the picture below this one, and it is super exfoliating without irritating your skin. It is a massive tub and last for absolutely ages. I have had this for a while now and am still not even half way through with it. I love to use the Soap and Glory body butter after and I end up smelling like I just fell into a Soap and Glory factory, but hey I'm cool with that ;)


My next favourite item is the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. As you may be able to see I got the shade ivory. This foundation is super silky and the perfect consistency as I am not a fan of really thick foundations yet I need enough coverage for my blemishes, this foundation is perfect. Rimmel is always well priced for the quality of their products. An all round great product and my go to foundation at the moment.

I have recently significantly increased my nail polish collection by buying a tonne of Barry M nail polish (boots deals are lethal) This is not even half of my stash and I have actually caved and bought even more in the Boots sale recently...ooopsies!  I love the range of nail polish they have and I find that they have a really great coverage and pigmentation. I have heard a few people saying that their Barry M tends to go globby after a while but I have found if I keep my polish out at room temperature this problem doesn't seem to occur. The light purple polish I have on the far left I bought quite a while back, about 4 months actually and as you can see from the picture it is still perfectly smooth! I especially love the silver sparkly polish as you can see I have used a considerable amount and it is sooo pretty on top of any colour. I may do an updated nail polish stash soon as it has considerably increased over the past few months. Would anyone be interested in that?
If you are curious as to the shades, from left to right: Berry, Pink Flamingo, Hologram, Grey, Mushroom.



Another fav that isn't really a product is the collar necklaces. I think they are a great way to jazz up a winter jumper or high necked top and are super comfortable to wear, I usually end up forgetting I am actually wearing one. The first is an actual collar cut out style necklace with sparkly silver beading from Dorothy Perkins. The second is just a beaded detailing collar without the solid fabric is from Topshop. 
   



Another non product item is a birthday present I got for my 18th back in October. I have always wanted a Pandora bracelet and when my friends clubbed together the get me one I was so thrilled! I absolute love the plaited muted silver bracelet and the charm was perfect as I am not really a fan of the shiny Pandora charms, I much prefer the matte ones. I also think it's so cute that whenever I look at it, it will always remind me of my 18th and my wonderful girlies. I actually got another charm for Christmas from my parents but I took the picture before I got it. Although Pandora is quite expensive I really think it is wonderful investment for a birthday or special occasion.


And last but not least is another birthday present I received off my Auntie. I love sentimental things and quotes so this was the perfect gift for me. I also love giving and receiving things from family that mean something deeper than just being useful like some clothes or perfume. Call it soppy but I am so close to all of my family and they mean so much to me that I can't think of anything better to receive. It goes so well with the decor in my room as it is the vintage girly style and I have this proudly hanging by my desk. I also love how delicately it was packaged by my Auntie with a beautiful flowery box and softly lying on pink tissue paper. It is the small things!


I hope that you enjoyed this post and I apologise for not posting it sooner. If you have any of these products let me know what you thought of them.
 If anyone has a similar blog post I would love to take a look at it so just link in the comments :)

Have a wonderful morning/evening/day :D


Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment