Translate

Friday, 15 March 2013

March Glossybox 2013!

For this month I got my Glossybox free due to collecting enough Glossydots to be given a free box, yayyy!
If you aren't very familiar with Glossybox, after every box you are given the chance to fill out small surveys about the products you have received and Glossybox in general. With every survey you complete you get rewarded with Glossydots (around 300 Glossydots per survey and once you have collected enough (1000 to be exact) you get the next months box free! So far I have received 5 glossy box's including march's free box so it only took paying for 4 months boxes to get a free one! The surveys aren't a pain to do and I actually enjoy filling them out as I get to voice my opinion on what I was or was not happy with in my box.

Anyway on to the box...

The theme of this months Glossybox was City Chic and I don't know about anyone else but I loved this theme as well as the products they sent!
As always it came with the leaflet describing the products inside the box yet this month we got an extra little book which I'm not sure if it is being classed as a 6th product, but either way it is really cute.


As you can see it is called my little travelling book and it contains a two page spread of information about different counties such as places to eat and a little description of the destination. It also has key information such as the calling code, the currency and internet TLD (eg .com .co.uk .fr) It has a small little note section and some stickers (wooo everyone loves stickers)
I especially love how it includes a section on Germany as I will be visiting Berlin in summer and this page is focused on Berlin! I would have loved if it had included a page on Greece as I am also going there this summer but it does have a good collection of lots of different destinations. I love this little extra as it is so different and I love things like this.



How cute is that?! I love the layout and just how visually attractive it all looks!

The first product I received was the Juicy Couture, Couture La La. As I say almost every time I receive a perfume sample, unlike most people I love getting them! I have been wanting to try some of Juicy Couture's perfumes for a while now as they are pretty pricey perfumes I wanted to see if they are really worth the price. Couture La La is a floral scent with base notes of woods and musk. It is a really sophisticated and luxurious scent and I can definitely imagine it being perfect for night time antics and special occasions. Although I do really like this fragrance I don't think I would run out and purchase it as there are so many other perfumes I like better and would love to get my paws on!! The full size of 100ml is £63 so not crazily expensive as perfume goes but expensive enough ha ha.

 Next up is a Nails inc nail polish! I absolutely love receiving nail polish as I am a self confessed nail polish fiend! As many people know nails inc is a high end nail polish brand with a full size bottle of 10ml having a price tag of £11, which is pricey as nail polish goes. The shade I was sent was a beautiful pinkish red called St. James. As always the quality of the nails inc polish is perfect and it drys nice and quickly. I have no complaints :D

This next product is something I haven't ever received in a Glossybox before, a hair product. This is the TRESemme Salon finish extra hold hairspray. This travel sized product is going to be so perfect to take with me when I go down to Birmingham to see Beyonce in April as lugging a huge bottle can be a bit of a pain. I love TRESemme products anyway so I was happy to see something of theirs in my box. The hold of this hairspray really is great, more so that any hair spray I have tried recently. Although I have pretty thin hair, it is still getting quite long so it doesn't tend to hold style as well or for as long as it previously has. This hairspray actually works at keeping it in place way longer than any other hairspray has so for that reason I love it!! The full size of this is 500ml and costs £4.69 so is completely affordable!

This next product is Elizabeth Arden's eight hour cream skin protectant. It can be used on any areas of dry skin including face, hands, lips, cuticles and nails. This thing is Ah-mazhing!! It is super moisturizing and clears up chapped lips in minutes! It is clear once applied and doesn't leave a sticky residue like some moisturizing lip/skin products do. It soaks into your skin or lips so quickly and leaves your skin seriously smooth. It is flagrance free which it wouldn't have bothered me if it did have a fragrance but I guess this aids towards being good for sensitive skin too. I have had previous experience with similar lip/skin products and they tend to last for so long as a little really does go a long way. I keep this in my bag with me at all times and it is seriously a life saver as no one likes to have uncomfortably dry skin or lips, and with the wonderful weather we are having in the UK at the moment it is definitely coming in very handy. The full size of this is 50ml and costs £25 so it is not cheap. However I do really feel that the quality of this product and how long it lasts that it is worth the money.

Last but not least is Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Blush. This is a lip stain and moisturizer in one with beeswax and ceresin wax meaning that it has a very smooth and sheer finish. When applied it is super smooth and has a really beautiful pigmentation. Although it is described as being sheer I wouldn't really say it was. This may be because the colour I received is quite bright but I would say that it is in between sheer and being really pigmented. The colour I received is a bright red and although I had reservations about this colour, as red coloured lips don't really suit my completion, I was actually quite surprised that it suited me quite well. I do however think it may take me a while to feel confident enough to go out wearing it as I am so used to wearing neutral colours but I have worn it out a few times to see family so I am getting there ;) This is the full size product and costs £12.



As you can see it is slightly sheer (this is only one coat of the product) but still pretty bright! It has a lovely finish due to the moisturizing characteristics.

I was really pleased with this months Glossybox and I love all of the products I received! It made it even better that I got this one free ;)

Are you subscribed to Glossybox or thinking of signing up? What did you receive this month and were you pleased with what you got?


As GFC is closing please go an follow me on bloglovin here, I will be sure to follow back :)

Megan x

16 comments:

  1. you received the same products as me :D it was a really good box this month!

    you should check out my glossybox post if you have time? www.rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it really was! I actually checked it out the other day and was going to comment but it was just before I left for college and I realised I was running way late so had to abandon the comment :') I totally agree with liking the smell of TRESemme products, they have a really sweet smell! x

      Delete
  2. lovely box and the colour of the lipstick looks super beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! :) Yes I was so pleased with the box this month! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely box! The color of the lipstick is amazing and what a cute book you got!

    xo
    www.feathersandfantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was really surprised with the colour as I really didn't think I would like it! Thanks for stopping by, I shall be sure to go check out your blog too :) x

      Delete
  4. How do you get these boxes moo?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glossybox subscription online! Could you not tell by the name of the post Alan ;) Costs £12ish pounds a month including postage! Hayy you haven't done any posts yet, slacking! ahahha x

      Delete
    2. Hmmm that's weird you have done some posts but they never came up on my feed :(

      Delete
    3. yeah it's for my coursework atm hahaha, i've got loads i need to finish off and publish hehehe slacking

      Delete
  5. love the book! where did you get if from?
    i use the exact same tresemme hairspray aswell-it smells good!
    http://nocturnallexanna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book actually came with the Glossybox! It was sort of an extra little product, it is so cute isn't it?!
      Yes I do love the hairspray and it is the perfect travel size!

      Delete
  6. I'm such a toiletry fiend but hesitant to get Glossy box as such mixed reviews, do you think it's worth it?x

    inspireyoshi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it is worth the money as I have loved the things I have go so far, plus I think the fun of it adds to the value as well. I would say it also depends on how much money you have to spare as I am actually cancelling mine for a few months as I really can't afford it at the moment due to having to pay of my summer holiday and some big concerts I am going to!
      I would probably say give it a go for a few months and if you really aren't all that into it, it's super easy to unsubscribe and you don't loose out on money as you can pay monthly! I hope that helps! :)

      Delete