Translate

Sunday, 5 May 2013

April Glossybox!

So I know this Glossybox post is crazy late (how the hell is it May already?!) but as the same excuse goes, college work and life in general has been so busy! I should be getting my May Glossybox soon so hopefully I will get that one up a bit quicker ha ha ha!
The theme of this months box was Spring Fever and I have got to say this is probably my favourite theme so far. First of all I am in love with the box pattern, I think it is so pretty and girly and fits right in with the spring theme. This months Glossy box teamed up with Pearl Lowe who is an English singer/song writer turned fashion and textiles designer. 
I loved the box pattern this month so much that I have put it on show in my room for me to admire!! Ha ha so sad I know.

Anyway, on to the box...





Even the little sticker had the floral design on! Soooo cute.



So the first product is the Richard Ward Couture Hair, Optimizer Style Reviver (wow that's a mouthful) which retails for £19.00 for a 150ml bottle. This product basically counteracts frizz but adds volume, a bit like hair spray, and increases shine. It is described as not leaving a residue or stickiness that you can sometimes get with hair spray. I have used this a few times and it actually works really well and I love how it doesn't leave your hair feeling brittle and stiff like hairspray can. One thing I don't like about it is that if you spray it near your roots it can end up making your hair feel slightly greasy which I guess is due to the 'increase shine' aspect of the product. Despite this, as long as you avoid spraying it right near your roots it works really well.

The next product is the Balance Me Radiance Face Mask. I have tried a few of the Balance Me products and I absolutely love their lip care/salve, it is suuuuper moisturising. When I first saw this product in the box I thought it was the Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve that I absolutely love, so I was a bit disappointed when I saw it was a face mask. Personally I am not a big user of face masks as I have to be pretty careful with what I use because my skin breaks out in a reaction really easily. I'm not going to lie but I haven't actually tried this out yet due to the reasons I explained above. If anyone has tried this I would love to know how you found it and if anyone knows what it is with sensitive skin? I'm pretty reluctant to try it in case I do have a reaction as I'd rather not have a lovely red rash all over my face ;) The 75ml size costs £18.

This next product is the Yves Rocher France, Nutivite Vegetal, 24 hour Comfort Nourishing Cream. Okay so the first thing I noticed about this product was the smell...it smells like sun cream which is one of my favourite scents as weird as that sounds! The smell of sun cream immediately makes me think of going on holiday and summer so I have found myself lathering myself up with this recently because the scent makes me so happy. Not only do I love the scent but this cream is ultra moisturising and at £13.50 for a 50ml tub it is a pretty reasonable price. 

I have heard a tonne of people raving about the Nip + Fab Body Butters so I was super excited to see it my box. I got mine in Mango Smoothie and ohhhh my goshhh this is the most AMAZING smelling thing I think I have ever smelt. It smells so fresh and sweet, I just can't even...it's just wow. It feels great once applied and it leaves your skin feels so smooth. A full size of 200ml is £9.95 which is really reasonable so I can see myself picking up a large supply after I run out of this sample. A few other scents I have seen that are available are Coconut Latte, Pistachio Sundae (I HAVE to have this one, I am obsessed with Pistachios!!) and Cherry Tarte. I think this is going to be my new favourite body butter, I really recommend it!


And last but not least is a full size Essie nail polish, yayyyy! The colour I got is Geranium and I love how vibrant it is. Although I am more of a fan of the more pastel/neutral colours I am still really happy with this red as I think it's very summery and fun! This costs £7.99 a bottle.

 Overall I was really happy with this months box and I think all the products fitted the theme of Spring perfectly. Although I would have preferred a different product to the face mask, that is purely a personal opinion and I think that the other products definitely made up for that! I still stand with the view that Glossybox is worth the money and I'm excited to see what I get in Mays box!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment