Translate

Monday, 20 May 2013

May Glossybox!

From the get go I am going to let you know that this months Glossybox was fricking amazing!! It's Glossybox's 2 year anniversary/birthday so the theme of this months Glossybox was Glossybox turns 2. The box was the normal baby pink box but the paper as you can see was birthday themed with a neon pink ribbon (although it isn't showing up quite so bright in the photo)


I was absolutely amazed when I saw the amount of products in the box and especially seeing 4 (Say whaaa?) full size products!!! How awesome is that?! Along with this there was a bonus item instead of the usual 5 items.

The first little bonus item was a Glossybox pack of mini nail filers. I am a sucker for anything mini-sized as I think they are so cute. Not only that but this will come in super handy for when I go away on holiday in summer because I can't stand having unpainted or uneven nails. This will be easy to store and won't take up much room in my case.



The first product that caught my eye is the Awapuhi Wild Ginger shine spray. Supposedly the Awapuhi leaves are used by Hawaiian natives to nourish and moisturise skin and hair. This spray is meant to add shine and also protect your hair. This is the full size of 125ml and costs £18.95. I loved how it looked when applied as it does give a really natural shine without looking greasy and also adds volume. Although I really like this product and a small amount goes a long way so it would last a long time, I don't know if I would regularly fork out near to £20 for it. 

The next product is a full size Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara. I had my first Jelly pong pong product a few boxes ago and really enjoyed the product. This product doesn't disappoint either and I love how it lengthens and separates my lashes so they have a fanned out effect. I found this is perfect for my eyelash type as I have a problem sometimes with my eyelashes clumping because my lashes are quite close together. This mascara separates them and I really like how it looks on. It boats to be waterproof but I didn't find that it stayed very well when in contact with water. Despite this I really like this mascara, not to mention the cute packaging of the box and at £15 I do think the quality of it makes the price worth it.



The next product although a pretty small sample size had me super excited! I have wanted a good primer for ages so I was pumped to give this a go. This is the Beautiful Movement Cosmetics (which was formally BM Beauty) Prime and create mixing medium. You can use this in various ways, alone as a primer, mix it with foundation to get a more airbrushed effect, mix with powder blush or bronzer to create a cream blusher/bronzer so the colour is softer and more subtle, as an eye-shadow primer or mixed with eye shadow to create a liquid liner. Talk about being versatile!! I personally love using this as an eye shadow primer or mixing it with my blusher as I love the soft effect it gives. The full size of this is 20g and costs £20. 

A clear thick liquid so its perfect as a base for anything.

I was superrrr super superrrr excited to see this full sized product in the box. I watch Kassia on YouTube (check her out here) and she swears by this eyeliner. It's Collections fast stroke eyeliner and is an amazingly affordable eyeliner at only £2.99. The brush is really precise and the pigmentation of the liquid is awesome! I'm not a massive user of liquid eyeliner as I prefer the gel based eyeliners but this is an exception. It's easy to apply and it stays put throughout the whole day. One issue I have with it is that sometimes the liquid can roll to the end of the brush if you aren't careful and can run into a blob on your lid but apart from that I love this and I'm so glad it popped up in my box.




I was really curious by this next product as I have never heard of Headline Colors nail polish. This is a super pigmented polish and it claims it has great staying power meaning less chipping and flaking. Although many polishes claim to have good staying power this polish really does raise the bench mark. My nails tend to chip easily as my job means I am constantly using my hands and along with amount of essays I write for college my nails are always getting messed up. This polish is the only one I have found that stays without chipping for days on end. The cost of this polish is £9 which is on the expensive side for nail polishes. Although I won't be buying these as regular as I would with brands such as BarryM, I can definitely see myself getting some more. I believe this colour is Poolside Party but I'm not 100% sure, never the less it's a super summery bright baby blue shade.


I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this months box! With 4 FULL SIZE products, it is the best box I have received yet. I am yet to be really disappointed with Glossybox and I can't wait for my June box!!!

If you are subscribed to Glossybox what did you get in your May box and what did you think of the products?


6 comments:

  1. You got nearly the same as me. Although you got that fab looking Collection eyeliner.. in the place of that, I got a horrible sample of some shower gel! I haven't tried the mascara yet though, but I think I might after reading your review! xx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that's a shame, I hate getting samples of shower items, I don't feel they are anything special!
      The mascara is fantastic, I have nearly finished the one I received so I think I am definitely going to be buying another!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks like a great box! Nail polish is pretty :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a fantastic box! I know it's such a pretty colour :)

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for a blog award! Here is the link http://slightly-awkward-ginger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhh wow thank you so much that is so kind!! I will go and check it out :D

      Delete