Translate

Friday, 21 June 2013

June Glossybox!

Once again this is a free Glossybox as I collected enough Glossydots to redeem them for a free one, yayyy!
However this is going to be my last Glossybox post for at least until after July as I am trying to save as much money as possible for my summer holidays and summer activities. It's going to be one expensive summer. Although I love being signed up to Glossybox it's more of a luxury rather than a need, so for now whilst I am saving I have cancelled my subscription but I will sign up again after my holiday with my besties (soooo excited only 24 days eeeeeek)

Anyway on to this months Glossybox. The theme of this months box was Summer Looks which is basically a summer holiday/festival themed box. Although I am more of a fan of receiving make up products rather than hair or skin products I was actually pleasantly surprised by this months box. Although it wasn't my all time favourite Glossybox I still really enjoy using all of the products and especially one of the hair products that I will mention later on in this post!

Although it looks like we received 6 products it is kind of 5 as the two Paul Mitchell hair products come together.



At first glance I had no idea what this product was as I don't think I have ever heard of Q before. It is a body spray that is supposed to be long lasting. I have to agree it does live up to this and the scent does stick around for a long time which is always good with a body spray. It's very floraly which is perfect for me but it isn't too overpowering and musky. The size is pretty cool too as it isn't too bulky that it takes up a tonne of room in your suitcase or bag yet is big enough to contain a considerable amount of products. This is the full size of 100ml and costs £2.29 so very affordable!

The next product is a brand I have also not really heard about and this is the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR. Yeah, quite a mouthful! This is a multipurpose oil that can be used on your face, hair or any part of the body to contour or add a slight warmth and shimmer. Supposedly when added to your hair it is meant to strengthen and hydrate your hair if you leave it in for around 15 minutes and then wash out. I haven't tried this on my hair yet but it works well to add a slight golden tone to my face. I have wanted to receive an oil to try out for a while as it is quite new territory for me so I am glad I have the chance to experiment. The full size is 100ml and costs £34, so not super cheap. The size we received is 10ml.

Here is what the oil looks like swatched, once rubbed in the colour becomes more subdued and turns into more of a subtle glow.

Next is Mono's Hydrating Moisturiser with SPF 15. I have tried out a Monu product from Glossybox before and really liked it so I had optimistic expectations for this. It is essentially a moisturiser with SPF which is always a winner in my book due to being very pale skinned and therefore meaning I burn easily. I was slightly worried that my skin might react to this as I have very sensitive skin but so far my skin hasn't reacted at all and it is a very good moisturiser  The scent is fresh and I've really enjoyed using it! We received a size of 30ml but the full size is 50ml and costs £29.95 so again not super cheap but is definitely a high quality product so would be worth paying a bit extra.

The next product/s is this Paul Mitchell Curls duo. The Ultimate Wave and the Full Circle Leave-In Treatment. First off the Ultimate Wave creates a beach wave in your hair once applied to damp hair and either left to dry or defused. I've tried this out a few times and I REALLY like this product! It creates a soft and natural beach wave with minimal effort so I think this is the perfect summer time product. The sample sizes for both products is 15ml but the full size for the Ultimate Wave is 150ml and costs £11.95. I think I will definitely be repurchasing this as the price is reasonable for how effective the product is and a little really does go a long way.
The second in the duo is the Full Circle Leave-In Treatment, at £14.95 for 200ml. I haven't actually tried this one out yet but I would love to hear what anyone thinks about it who has tried it? The leaflet says that you add a generous amount to damp/towel dried hair, scrunch and then leave to air dry or defuse.


I immediately loved this product when I saw it simply because of the packaging. I loved the little flamingos and how this would fit perfectly in one of the pockets in my handbag for quick and easy use. It is the Figs & Rouge Coco Rose Lip Balm. It's tinted and 100% natural which I love!! Anything natural has got to be good for you and the fact that it comes in a tube makes it much more hygienic than a lip balm in a tin. It can supposedly be used on your cuticles, elbows,eyelids and knees but I think I'll probably just stick to using it on my lips. This is the full size at 12.5ml and costs £5.00 so a reasonable price for such a good lip product. It smells sweet and the tint to it is nice an subtle.


I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the June Glossybox and I loved getting to try a few products/brands I hadn't heard of before. I can see myself integrating the Paul Mitchell's Ultimate Wave hair product into my must have summer items as I can see it being so useful on holiday as a no fuss way of styling my hair.
I am sad to not be getting a box next month as I really look forward to the little present in the post each month but once I have saved up enough money for my summer antics I will be jumping back on the Glossybox bandwagon!!

What did you get in your June Glossybox? What did you think of the products your received?


3 comments:

  1. I brought the Q spray the other day and I am so addicted to it! such a good scent for summer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo nice isn't it?! I think I am going to have to buy it once this runs out! x

      Delete
  2. looks like a great box:-) I always contemplate whether to get glossybox's x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete